Mt Hood...Here We Come!

Andrea and I consider ourselves 'more fit' after this week racing the Tour de Gila. I did my best to defend my second place on GC, but much to my dismay, my legs would not pedal any faster on the last day. After originally making the break on the climb on stage 5, I eventually had to drop off and go my own pace. 15 miles alone in the Gila national forest helped me sharpen up my fitness and mental toughness. I finished 6th on the day and dropped to 5th overall....Disappointing in the long run yet this week was a great learning experience in stage racing. Andrea was having a great week until she was struck with the revenge of Silver City, ie the stomach virus going around town. She delivered me safely and as fresh as possible to the base of the Gila Monster climb and then proceded to suffer up the climb as nobody in the caravan really believed that she was puking and would like a ride in a car....I think she sharpened her mental toughness today as well. All I have to say is watch out everyone at Mt. Hood, after some R & R and another week at altitude in Boulder, CO, Dre is going to be flying at Mt. Hood!

No comments: