Kelly Cup





Yeah!!! Shontell won her first race of the season. What can I say?….Our lead out was wonderful. Shontell, Andrea and I (Nicky) raced here last year and we knew how “swarmy” the final laps can get. Andrea was unstoppable today; she went with every attack. We all sat behind her ready to help. Kristin tested her legs out on the first race prime. The finish line is at the top of a small gradual climb. After we watched Kristin win the prime…we almost decided to sprint for her at the finish -- “just kidding”. With two laps to go we started the lead out. Andrea drove the pace for one full lap, and then Kristin took over. About 200 meters before the last technical corner, right before the straight away, Kristin was still going strong. I told her to take one last pull…she powerfully upped the pace and launched me (Nicky) and Shontell through the last chicane. I went from there as if I was going to win. Shontell stayed on my wheel and blew by me at just the right moment to take the win. I got so caught up in watching the final meters, I forgot to keep sprinting (but I did manage to throw my arms in the air). What a team effort! The rest of our team is in Michigan right now racing the Tour of Leelanau. Good luck gals. Our next race is Tour of Somerville.



No comments: